PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had Restylane injected into the tear trough/eye hollow?

cloud9
June 17th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Hi,

Just wondering if I could get any feedback on this procedure. I will eventually do the blephoraplasty operation but want to see if Restylane will do the job for awhile. I'm sick and tired of having people ask me if I'm sick or tired! My eyes have just gotten really hollow looking not to mention the awful dark circles. I've had Restylane injections in my lips and they look freakin' fabulous (ya can't call me chicken lips anymore!!!). I know that I really like this product but I'm just scared because it's so close to the eye.

Anyone had this done???

Thanks in advance!!

p.s. My doctor highly recommends this procedure and I totally trust and like her. Your thoughts?

cats2
June 26th, 2005, 01:06 PM
I'm having Restylane injections under my eyes on Tuesday. I'll let you know how it goes. The doctor I am going to specializes in fat grafting and suggested Restylane as an interim solution.

Also check out "yestheyrefake.net". There is lots of information on fillers for the tear trough area.

cloud9
June 27th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Hi Cats,

Yes! let me know how it goes. I'm doing it this Friday. I'm curious about pain and brusing.

I think I will eventually get the fat grafting too. I don't have bags under my eyes, just that awful deep hallow in the tear trough. I hate it! I look tired all the time...

Hope all goes well for you.

:)

Gayle
July 1st, 2005, 02:39 PM
This procedure was just on Oprah this week with a female doctor doing it, she feels it is much better than surgery. You could check out Oprah's web page for more info. Good luck.

Gayle

cats2
July 4th, 2005, 07:55 AM
I had the resty injected under my eyes 6 days ago. There was very little pain as the doctor numbed with injections prior. However, the bruising was pretty severe. The bruises are just beginning to fade, and that's after taking Sin Ecch (Arnica Montana). I have some lumpiness under the eyes, but people who've had the same procedure tell me it takes a few weeks to subside.

cloud9
July 5th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Hi Cats,

I just had this done on Friday and I'm pretty happy with the results. I had absolutely no bruising and no lumpiness. I wish she would have put in a tad bit more but she said that the restylane would attract some water to the area and fill it in more. I believe she was being conservative (this being my first time using resty in this way). I'm very happy with the results. It's great for me because I don't have to get a bleph because I don't really have any fat (or bags) under my eyes - I really just have very hollow tear troughs. I asked her about fat grafting and she said that fat can move and change and that she feels she gets better results from restylane.

I highly recommend this procedure.

and oh! the best part is that it is virtually pain free!!

2cats
July 5th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Who did your resty injections? It has now been 7 days since mine. I had severe bruising all the way from my inner eye to the top of my cheek, and today is the first day it isn't noticeable. I also still have significant lumping. I called the doctor's office today and they told me to massage.

FYI, I also had this done to correct hollow lower eyes. My doctor was not all that conservative. There is a noticeable difference, which looks great as long as you're at a distance, but is pretty lumpy up close. I'm not sold on it yet, but I hope to be a believer soon!

FillerGirl2005
July 5th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Restylane can work great around the eyes, but you have to go to a really good injector with a light touch. Expect to have a bruise though, so avoid aspirin and vitamin E for 1-2 weeks. It can smoothe out the lower lid and fill in hollows.

2cats
July 7th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Cloud9, where are you located? I may consider your doctor as well.

cloud9
July 7th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Cats,

I sent you a personal message the other day but maybe it didn't get to you.

I go to Dr. Glynis Ablon in Manhattan Beach. She is great! Here's her website. I first saw her doing a special on lasers on my local news

http://www.aslms.org/drglynisrablon.htm

Hopefully you're in LA. :)

deank
July 8th, 2005, 06:21 PM
I'm hoping to have restylane injections in the hollows below my eyes. How much restylane does the Dr. use each time for this area? Would one syringe be enough for the first injections? Thanks for your input

cloud9
July 8th, 2005, 06:38 PM
I used a little less than half of a .7 syringe - I do need to have a little more injected though. Your doctor will figure out the right amount for you. Good luck!

cats2
July 9th, 2005, 06:29 PM
I'm not sure how much the doctor used under my eyes. He used 2 syringes but also injected in the jaw line, n/l folds and above the brow. He probably used 1 syringe for the under eyes and tops of the cheeks. I have quite a bit in there, but it still looks completely natural.

danya
July 10th, 2005, 04:17 AM
I had restylane under my eyes back in October. It's been 9 months and it's still there. I think I used about 1 cc for both undereyes.

Of course, Dr Hoenig (http://www.la-plastic-surgery.com) did it :)

deank
July 11th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Thanks for all of your help!
Karen:)

desertpearl
July 17th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Hello. I am new to this forum I would like to do the Restylane under the eyes, but was afraid of complications. But from what I've read, all of you seem to have had good luck.

What are the complications of this? I've read that some people went blind!

lari
July 19th, 2005, 06:06 PM
oh my god, blindness! Now that's enough to make me think twice...

LemonDrop
July 20th, 2005, 02:29 PM
My Doctor had Scupltra done under her eyes- she did my restylane and sculptra and both came out fine. Sculptra lasts almost 2 years. I love it! Restylane is great but boy you gotta go again and again...I'm gonna have to go after Christmas for my lips! Wish they could put it in my lips! :D

desertpearl
July 20th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Hi Lemondrop:
Did you have the Sculptra under your eyes or Restylane? My doctor said he doesn't use Sculptra because it is meant to fill large depressions. Also, isn't Sculptra super pricey?

LemonDrop
July 21st, 2005, 03:54 AM
My Doctor herself had Sculptra under her eyes. She looked great! I didn't think she needed it before, but they asked her to be a "model" at a presentation. They can control the amount of Sculptra injected.

I had Sculptra and no I did not have "large depressions". It is hard to explain what I had....it was sorta saggy from weight loss but not really? But they filled in the area around my chin. I absolutely love it!!!

As for pricey, well you get Restylane injections frequently- it only lasts at best what...9 months? Sculptra lasts at least 2 years. So price-wise, I found it to be a bargain...and a better one than Restylane. However I use Restylane in my lips because Sculptra isn't used there. POO. However, my doctor does put it the area above the lips if there is a depression.

Hope that helps! Oh, I paid $1,000 for Sculptra. Restylane isn't much less, especially since I had several injections. I probably paid the same amount for Restylane and it won't last long! :eek:

desertpearl
July 21st, 2005, 10:03 AM
Thank you, LemonDrop!!! I feel a lot more comforable now with the idea of it. I was going to do it before, but I got scared and just did the smile lines. But I will ask him again about Sculptra. Economically, it would make sense it would be less expensive. I will spend $1,000 a year on the Restylane anyway.

Thanks!!:D

LemonDrop
July 22nd, 2005, 07:04 AM
If he has used Sculptra, he will be comfortable suggesting it to you. Oddly enough, when my Doctor first got Sculptra and before she started her training, she said I was not a candidate. :eek:

It wasn't until after she returned from training...that she said HEY, you are a candidate! You're perfect! I said ohhh, am I gonna be your first victim? :o She laughed and said well, sorta....:rolleyes: Since mine was not complicated (her words) she said it would be easy. Well, it came out just perfect! It was not painful, because the way we did it is I had a pain pill first...then numbing cream. (avoid dental blocks, it distorts your features)

Restylane hurts like heck to me!!! Aargh!!!! I dread my next session but I will do it cuz I like the way it looks. I won't use dental blocks either! Pain pill and numbing cream all the way!

Good luck! Hope it helps.

desertpearl
July 22nd, 2005, 05:17 PM
Thank you, LemonDrop, for all your help. I love the Restylane too. Funny, but it didn't hurt me. Just alittle pinching here and there. I guess after the surgery I had, this was a piece of cake. LOL!

But I appreciate all your help! I have learned so much since posting here!;)

2cats
August 1st, 2005, 01:37 PM
I went back for a touch up of Restylane under one eye on 7/29. That was one month after my initial injections. I only had slight bruising this time because I chose not to have Lidocaine (numbing) injections. The doctor indicated Lidocaine can make bruising worse. He only used numbing cream. The pain wasn't bad at all and the results are now perfect. It looks great, and I've been told it could last anywhere from 7 to 9 months.

FYI, I asked my doc about Sculptra under the eyes but he said he didn't use it because it hasn't been around long enough to be "tried and true". It's good to hear that people are seeing good results. It gives me another alternative, although I'm very happy with the Restylane under my eyes.

desertpearl
August 1st, 2005, 07:04 PM
Thank you, 2Cats. I have another appointment in November and I think I will go for it.
:D BTW, did you have any bumps from it under your eyes?

FillerGirl2005
August 3rd, 2005, 12:27 PM
.4 ml is what my doctor said Ė thatís like half a full syringe Ė no more

partypartygal
August 3rd, 2005, 12:34 PM
Wow I had the same thougt. I read about this and found out that this hasnít happened with Restylane as far as I know. Some people did have It happen with fat. Iím SO careful about who I go to for injections since I read this article. I mean thr truth is that the idea of putting a needle near your eye is a chance that you will go blind. Itís a risk, itís true. I donít know Ė I say all you can do is be informed about what you are doing and hope for the best.

desertpearl
August 3rd, 2005, 12:59 PM
Hi Partypartygal:

I did read there were episodes of blindness reported for injectable fillers too close to the eye area.

I had an appointment with my plastic surgeon to do this injection, but when I went in, I told him to skip the under eyes and just do the lines around the mouth. I got scared. But since then, so many people are doing it with good results. I imagine I looked foolish because I was squirming in the chair. He probably thought I was nuts!:eek: But better safe than sorry. He's a brilliant doctor and has done all my other work so I imagine I can trust him. But then there is always an accident.:(

LemonDrop
August 3rd, 2005, 01:25 PM
Just to clarify...I didn't have it around my eyes. My DOCTOR did. I only had botox around my eyes.

I had Sculptra and Restylane around my chin and lips. :D

Happy, happy!!!! :D :D :D

But darn, Restylane just doesn't last!!! It's almost time for a retouch!!!! Sculptra lasts almost two years so I have a ways to go for that.

MCL
November 22nd, 2006, 08:55 AM
Has anyone had tiny purple bruising dots under their eyes after restylane injections? i had mine done 5 days ago and i still have those bruises- if anyone has had those bruises - how long will it take for it to go away? i'm nervous.

danya
November 22nd, 2006, 09:10 AM
Bruises can take up to 2 weeks to go away.

danya
November 22nd, 2006, 09:11 AM
BTW, it has been 2 years since I had Restylane under my eyes and I still notice the effects. Dr Hoenig says it's because it causes some mild swelling which camouflages the hollowness.
No kidding, 2 years!

wianno168
April 16th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Please check my post about filler injection problems (http://saveyourface.com/whatsnew/2006/11/11/danger-filler-injections-in-the-eyelid-to-remove-dark-circles-under-the-eyes/) around the eyes.

Dr Seckel

noel
May 14th, 2008, 07:17 PM
I had resylane done under my eyes today and I have two big purple bruises. The doctor said he hit a blood vessel. My skin is paper thin under my eyes so no wonder. I also have medium sized lumps under both eyes. Does anyone else have those post injection?:confused:

noel
May 14th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Did you experience any lumps and bruises post injection under your eyes? Do the lumps go away? He said it was swelling but it has been awhile and they are still there. :rolleyes:

salman22
May 15th, 2008, 12:44 AM
This is a TEST Comment
Salman Khan
<a href=http://www.google.com/>Salman Khan</a>
http://www.google.com/