Don't miss out on FREE member's only offers, special discounts, and breaking news!

Enter your email address below. We'll never rent or sell your information to anyone.

EVOLENCE

EVOLENCE dermal filler replaces the collagen you've lost over time with a natural collagen that lasts 6-12 months, with little or no bruising, swelling, or redness. No skin test required.

LATISSE EYELASH ENHANCEMENT

LATISSE grows your very own longer, fuller, darker eyelashes. LATISSE is the first and only prescription treatment approved by the FDA for inadequate or insufficient eyelashes.

SKINCEUTICALS A.G.E. INTERRUPTER

Formulated for mature skin to prevent visible signs of aging such as sagging, cracking, and thinning skin.

SAVE $15 OFF LATISSE with your BOTOX Cosmetic treatment (min 25 units).

Save 50% off Hydrating B5 Gel when purchased with CE Ferulic or Phloretin CF in the Award Winning Essentials value set

FREE Daily Defense SPF20 Sunscreen with any Skinceuticals purchase of $150 or more

Receive a $50 rebate per EVOLENCE syringe (up to $150 rebate per treatment)

Receive a $100 rebate on two 1-mL syringes of RESTYLANE or PERLANE

Go Back   Plastic Surgery Message Board > BeautySurg.com - The Cosmetic Surgery Supersite > FACE FORUM

Old October 6th, 2004, 04:49 PM

how long are you supposed to wear a chin strap?

I had chin implant surgery and lipo on my neck 8 days ago; 2 days ago my doctor told me that I no longer have to wear the chin strap- even at night. He said not wearing it would help the swelling subside sooner. A friend had a fat graph in her chin and neck lipo by the same doctor. He told her she had to wear it for at least 2 weeks at night or it would begin to sag again. Which is more normal advice? Any thoughts? Thanks
Old October 6th, 2004, 09:11 PM

Chin Strap

Thank you for the inquiry. I wore the chin strap religiously for a full week afterwards and then at night for about three weeks following. My physician wanted me to do this in order to keep the skin taunt and not sag after the lipo suction he performed. Howerver, I do believe it keep some swelling present which aggravitated the numbness in the bottom lip and lower left side of my chin. It has now improved drastically with minimal numbness on the lower left portion of my chin. I am glad I followed the chin strap advice as my chin and next are very defined and I have an even more defined chin and jaw line that Kirk Douglas would be proud. Hang in there and follow your intuition and don't feel you are asking your doctor and his staff too many questions. You paid for his/her services and rightly so you deserve adequate attention. Happy recouperation.
Old October 14th, 2004, 10:31 AM

re: Chin Strap

I wore a chin strap for almost two weeks after chin implant and facelift. I stopped because it was uncomfortable and the swelling was going down. However, because of my unhappiness over the looks of my chin implant(see post above), my Dr told me to wear it for another couple of weeks, as it helps compress the tissue and gets the remainder of the swelling down. So I am doing that.

EM