Don't miss out on FREE member's only offers, special discounts, and breaking news!

Enter your email address below. We'll never rent or sell your information to anyone.

EVOLENCE

EVOLENCE dermal filler replaces the collagen you've lost over time with a natural collagen that lasts 6-12 months, with little or no bruising, swelling, or redness. No skin test required.

LATISSE EYELASH ENHANCEMENT

LATISSE grows your very own longer, fuller, darker eyelashes. LATISSE is the first and only prescription treatment approved by the FDA for inadequate or insufficient eyelashes.

SKINCEUTICALS A.G.E. INTERRUPTER

Formulated for mature skin to prevent visible signs of aging such as sagging, cracking, and thinning skin.

SAVE $15 OFF LATISSE with your BOTOX Cosmetic treatment (min 25 units).

Save 50% off Hydrating B5 Gel when purchased with CE Ferulic or Phloretin CF in the Award Winning Essentials value set

FREE Daily Defense SPF20 Sunscreen with any Skinceuticals purchase of $150 or more

Receive a $50 rebate per EVOLENCE syringe (up to $150 rebate per treatment)

Receive a $100 rebate on two 1-mL syringes of RESTYLANE or PERLANE

Old December 28th, 2005, 08:32 AM

restylane under eyes

Have been getting restylane under eyes in periorbital area where I used to have little "troughs". Restylane is by far the only thing I have used there that works and looks natural. I have tried fat injections and have had a little areas get incapsulated. I think a lot of the success of Resty has to do with the skill of the surgeon. I'm really happy with the results, and it has given me somewhat of a cheek lift.
Old January 2nd, 2006, 04:55 PM

Would you be willing to share how much the restylane injections under your eyes cost you? Also, you said that it seems to also help your upper cheek? Can you elaborate a little more? I have some hollowing under the eyes, which I think has become more noticeable now that gravity has caused my cheeks to drop a bit.

Thanks!
Old January 3rd, 2006, 07:55 AM

ryestylane under eyes

hi, Junebug
Is costs about $500 a syringe here in Sacramento. I have had three treatments so far--I think that in those three treatments, the ps has used about two and onehalf syringes. I know that I have some left over from the last treatment. It seems to work best when they do a build up, but I got nice results from just the first. I just needed more, especially on one side. The nice thing about restylane, is, that the doc doesn't need to do much if any "over correction" at the time of the injection, therefore, there is less error in the amount put in. Fat injections are notorious for that, because some of the fat gets absorbed and the doc has to do an educated guess about the amount to put in initially. They also don't have to do that nasty "harvesting" process. Yes, I did have some hollowing out underneath my eyes, as the natural fat you have in your face lessens and descends as you agea but for me the Resty really helps. I had my second face lift about five years ago (I started young), so this is a boost until my next one. I certainly have read some bad stories on this message board from people who get bumps etc from restylane. Don't know what to say about that. I'm definitely going to continue doing the Restylane.My guess is that the skill of the doc is important--then there's alway the vagaries of your own body's healing etc. Good Luck!
Old January 26th, 2006, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator

I had Restylane under my eyes. Dr Hoenig (my hubby) used 0.7cc total for both under eyes. The majority lasted a year and there's still a tiny bit left after 15 months.
Danya
Old January 27th, 2006, 02:48 AM

Thanks for your reply. You look beautiful!
Old January 27th, 2006, 06:47 AM

about the hollowing under your eyes

Hi..I was wondering if you have any pics I could see...I was thinking about next year having my eyes done on top and the rest /for the hollow part on the bottom..I would really appreciate it..you can write to me as I am showing my before and after pics from the LSL in Phila,,,

Many thanks...
Jackie
Old January 27th, 2006, 05:49 PM

Dayna, you only had it one time? And it was good for about a year?

How many cc's are there in a syringe?
Old February 23rd, 2006, 05:06 AM

I've had restylane done under my eyes too...I've been getting it done every 4 months for about 2 years....and yes I agree the success has a lot to do with the skill of the surgeon....if anyone is considering it, they should start with the .7cc syringe the first time...my restylane fades in like 4 months....and any unevenness seems to settle after a 2-3 weeks...it usually turns out pretty well though...they also say within the first 24 hours, it's kind of moldable--you can massage the area, but you must be careful as to not make the material bunch up--you must smooth it outward (that's why my docs always told me anyway...) if you are hesitant, remember, that it will soften and eventually absorb and disappear....I think it's one of the safest injectable fillers that allows you to test it out, it lasts a reasonable amount of time and if you don't like it, it's not permanent...

I get mine done under the eyes to fill hollows, nasolabial folds, upper lip, and a little scar on my forhead..

and the cost is $600 for 1cc in Wisconsin...in Texas it was only $375 for 1cc--so much cheaper!!

I've also tried collagen under the eye nearly 3 years ago--but it's way too hard/unpliable...I ended up a little lumpy--but my doctor warned me..and I tried it anyway....it lasts a shorter amount of time than restylane and about the same cost...
Old March 1st, 2006, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

HI there,
There's one cc per syringe. (They don't make the 0.7cc syringe anymore, to my knowledge).
The Restylane consistently lasts a minimum of 9 months in our practice (Dr Hoenig). I haven't gotten around to a second treatment. The first one lasted well over a year for me.

I guess it's kind of like working in an ice cream store. When you're around it all the time, you dont think about it so much. I do need to get it though. In fact, I was just looking at the Restylane in my fridge wondering when I was going to get around to another treatment. It looked SO GOOD!

Danya
Old March 2nd, 2006, 12:11 AM

Danya

Hi Danya,

Could you please tell me if there is any bruising or swelling when Dr. Hoenig injects around the eye area (above and below). How long would I be presentable to go out in public without anyone noticing?

Thank You,

LVM
Old March 2nd, 2006, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

I didn't have any bruising and slight swelling for a day or two. You should stop vitamin E, aspirin, motrin, advil, etc for at least a week before to minimize the chance of bruising. It is possible, though to get a bruise because you can't always see all the tiny veins under the eye when you're injecting, but most of the time, all you can see is a couple needle pricks that go away in a couple hours.
Cold compresses afterwards may also decrease the swelling.

Danya
Old March 14th, 2006, 12:00 PM

Unhappy restylane for undereye hollowness

I have been searching all over Overland park, Kansas for a doctor who will use restylane under my eyes for the tear trough hollow area. I get the same answer every time ..."Restylane is for fine lines and wrinkles". Yet from this forum I am reading that there are several doctors who perform this procedure... I am very frustrated. I have a hereditary tear trough/under eye hollow that has gotten worse in the past 2 years. Does anyone know of any doctors in my area?
Old April 13th, 2006, 05:34 PM

Restyline

Can you tell me how the restyline made your cheeks fuller?..and if you use it several times..and stop..does your face look worse?????
Old April 14th, 2006, 07:19 AM

Glad you had success with it. I did not. One eye was "poufier" than the other, and it did not get rid of the wrinkles which still created a trough and a dark shadow. I just had a "bleph" and laser resurfacing one week ago today, and that seems to have done the trick, but I am still swollen.
Old July 27th, 2006, 04:15 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela16
I've had restylane done under my eyes too...I've been getting it done every 4 months for about 2 years....and yes I agree the success has a lot to do with the skill of the surgeon....if anyone is considering it, they should start with the .7cc syringe the first time...my restylane fades in like 4 months....and any unevenness seems to settle after a 2-3 weeks...it usually turns out pretty well though...they also say within the first 24 hours, it's kind of moldable--you can massage the area, but you must be careful as to not make the material bunch up--you must smooth it outward (that's why my docs always told me anyway...) if you are hesitant, remember, that it will soften and eventually absorb and disappear....I think it's one of the safest injectable fillers that allows you to test it out, it lasts a reasonable amount of time and if you don't like it, it's not permanent...

I get mine done under the eyes to fill hollows, nasolabial folds, upper lip, and a little scar on my forhead..

and the cost is $600 for 1cc in Wisconsin...in Texas it was only $375 for 1cc--so much cheaper!!

I've also tried collagen under the eye nearly 3 years ago--but it's way too hard/unpliable...I ended up a little lumpy--but my doctor warned me..and I tried it anyway....it lasts a shorter amount of time than restylane and about the same cost...
Hey Pamela - where in Texas did you live? I'm in Houston and looking for a good facial surgeon.