Don't miss out on FREE member's only offers, special discounts, and breaking news!

Enter your email address below. We'll never rent or sell your information to anyone.

EVOLENCE

EVOLENCE dermal filler replaces the collagen you've lost over time with a natural collagen that lasts 6-12 months, with little or no bruising, swelling, or redness. No skin test required.

LATISSE EYELASH ENHANCEMENT

LATISSE grows your very own longer, fuller, darker eyelashes. LATISSE is the first and only prescription treatment approved by the FDA for inadequate or insufficient eyelashes.

SKINCEUTICALS A.G.E. INTERRUPTER

Formulated for mature skin to prevent visible signs of aging such as sagging, cracking, and thinning skin.

SAVE $15 OFF LATISSE with your BOTOX Cosmetic treatment (min 25 units).

Save 50% off Hydrating B5 Gel when purchased with CE Ferulic or Phloretin CF in the Award Winning Essentials value set

FREE Daily Defense SPF20 Sunscreen with any Skinceuticals purchase of $150 or more

Receive a $50 rebate per EVOLENCE syringe (up to $150 rebate per treatment)

Receive a $100 rebate on two 1-mL syringes of RESTYLANE or PERLANE

Old February 26th, 2004, 05:59 AM
C.H.

Unhappy Lumps after Liposuction-Freaking out!!!!

I had abdominal liposuction 13 days ago, and I'm developing hard lumps/bumps under my skin.

I called my surgeon's office who assured me this can be a normal part of healing, that it should flatten, and I may want to massage it.

I'm more concerned then they are.....Does anyone know the scoop?

Please help, I'm freaking out!
Old February 26th, 2004, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

lumps after liposuction

hi c.h.,
yep, lumps and bumps are normal after liposuction. there will be areas of firmness that slowly resolve as the healing progresses. ask your doctor about massaging the firm areas and applying warm compresses which can make the lumpiness go away faster.

some docs also use endermologie mechanical tissue massage to help break it up, too, but that's not as common.

you're going to be fine. the lumps will go away over the next few weeks.

danya
Old February 27th, 2004, 04:22 AM
C.H.

Smile Thanks

Thanks, Danya, you've made me feel much better!

I'll try the warm compresses in addition to massage.

Thanks a million....C.H.
Old November 4th, 2005, 04:45 PM

Lumps from Lipo - FREAKING OUT

I also just had lipo and I have so many lumps and bumps from the surgery just 12 days ago. How long does it take before they disappear and is there a possibility that they won't. I look wavy. HELP!!!!
Old January 2nd, 2009, 05:07 AM
wianno168

Lumps are very common after standard liposuction. Most go away in 6weeks to 3 months with massage.

Some 20% of people do complain of some skin irregularity long term after traditional liposuction-these are called contour deformities.

New laser liposuction seems to leave smoother skin after liposuction. Laser liposuction has also been used to dissolve bumps left behind by standard liposuction.

There is an article about laser liposuction for lumps, bumps and skin irregularities on Ezine.

Dr Seckel

Last edited by wianno168; January 2nd, 2009 at 05:12 AM.