Don't miss out on FREE member's only offers, special discounts, and breaking news!

Enter your email address below. We'll never rent or sell your information to anyone.

EVOLENCE

EVOLENCE dermal filler replaces the collagen you've lost over time with a natural collagen that lasts 6-12 months, with little or no bruising, swelling, or redness. No skin test required.

LATISSE EYELASH ENHANCEMENT

LATISSE grows your very own longer, fuller, darker eyelashes. LATISSE is the first and only prescription treatment approved by the FDA for inadequate or insufficient eyelashes.

SKINCEUTICALS A.G.E. INTERRUPTER

Formulated for mature skin to prevent visible signs of aging such as sagging, cracking, and thinning skin.

SAVE $15 OFF LATISSE with your BOTOX Cosmetic treatment (min 25 units).

Save 50% off Hydrating B5 Gel when purchased with CE Ferulic or Phloretin CF in the Award Winning Essentials value set

FREE Daily Defense SPF20 Sunscreen with any Skinceuticals purchase of $150 or more

Receive a $50 rebate per EVOLENCE syringe (up to $150 rebate per treatment)

Receive a $100 rebate on two 1-mL syringes of RESTYLANE or PERLANE

Go Back   Plastic Surgery Message Board > BeautySurg.com - The Cosmetic Surgery Supersite > BODY FORUM

Old March 13th, 2007, 09:18 AM

Has anyone had plastic surgery in Tijuana?

Hi everyone! I live in San Diego and I'm seriously considering having some lipo done in Tijuana. There are two doctors that I'm leaning towards; Dr. Milla and Dr. Soberanes. Now here are my questions.
Has anyone or someone you know had any work done by either of these doctors, if so what was your (or their experiences), before during and after? Or has anyone had surgery in Tijuana with any doctor and what was your experience/results and cost. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
Old March 16th, 2007, 07:07 PM

Hi Karmi, I have had smartlipo done at the Versalles Clinic in Tijuana. It has been 7 weeks now and I am delighted. Dr.Lopez was my surgeon and she is fabulous. There are many posts on Versalles Clinic on this site. You should go to them and read all about the clinic and those of us who have been there. Good luck. rcraig
Old March 25th, 2007, 10:09 AM

Woo Hoo! I am now 2 months post procedure and couldn't be more delighted. I just swa my before pictures yesterday and thought I would die! I just can't believe this new body belongs to me! I highly recommend this procedure for anyone who needs to tighten up their loose skin in the abdomen/thighs,back area. This was the best decision I ever made. I tell you Dr. Lopez is a total miracle worker. rcraig
Old April 6th, 2007, 06:58 PM

Hi there..To be honest with you I will never recomend plastic surgery in Mexico..I had plastic surgery in Colombia and the results were great and they treat me like a queen.I felt home. Contact them www.clinicorpoperfeito.com or plasticsurgerycolombia@hotmail.com . Ann Marie from Miami
Old April 7th, 2007, 10:36 AM

Hi Ann Marie, glad you had a good experience in Columbia. You are one of the first to post a good experience from there. Unless you have gone to Mexico, Versalles especially, I really don't think you should tell people NOT to go there. You should stick to recommending the place that you did go to. Since I live in California, Mexico was a great place for me to go and I was treated like a queen with excellent doctors and more important excellent results. rcraig
Old April 7th, 2007, 04:42 PM

Hi there..First of all is COLOMBIA and not COLUMBIA.. If I am not reccommending Mexico for plastic surgery is because I had friends with bad experience there.Also if you are in the world of Plastic Surgery you will find that many of mexicans are going for Plastic Surgery in Colombia or Venezuela. It's a lot better the surgeons there, also the prices are better in Colombia than in Mexico, but anyway I am not defending any country, we are just patients and not the Clinic, unless you are getting comission from any Clinic in Tijuana? I AM NOT, I am just a patient very happy with my results in Colombia. And if you are happy with your results in Mexico good for you.Hopefully this conversation between us finish here.
Old April 7th, 2007, 08:39 PM

I beg your pardon, Colombia whatever. I have had many people, including many from this board that I have recommended the Versalles clinic to. Not one of them has had a bad experience. All have been extremely happy with the clinic and the doctors. No I don't get a commission, I wish I did. And yes you bet this conversation is finished.

Last edited by rcraig; April 7th, 2007 at 08:41 PM.
Old April 7th, 2007, 09:28 PM

Dont do it.

Not safe. It may be cheap, but believe me ...you get what you pay for.

There are some countries in Europe that you can get surgery for comparable prices and better conditions.
Old April 16th, 2007, 09:40 AM

Hi Karmi,

I haven't been to Tijuana yet but i will be going in the next couple of months. I don't know about the two ps's you mentioned, I am going with Dr Fuentes, Cosmed Clinic.

I have been doing lots of research as to where to go for my surgery and having heard from lots of other people that have gone to Tijuana and have come back with results they are very happy with, this is where i've decided on.

You can get good and bad surgeons in any and every country, and like every country you have to choose the right ps.

All the best.

Last edited by digger; April 16th, 2007 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Repeated myself!
Old April 16th, 2007, 06:22 PM

Hi Digger. I went to the Versailles center in Tijuana. I am verry happy. I am almost 4 weeks out and reallllly happy. The best thing I did was measure my self before I went. I have already lost 3 inches in my waist 2 in my hip area and 1 1/2 in my legs. As Ronnie said there are many of us happy with our results. We did our homework and now it's your turn. Best of luck and contact us with any questiions
Old April 17th, 2007, 09:48 AM

Hi Digger, have you talked to anyone who had the procedure done by this doctor? I haven't heard of Dr. Fuentes or Cosmed Clinic. Before you positively make up your mind you should give Robin a call at the Versalles Clinic. As you can see by reading the many posts on this board, many people have gone to Dr. Lopez and not one is unhappy or dissapointed with their outcome. Whatever you decide, keep us posted and good luck with your procedure. rcraig
Old April 17th, 2007, 10:49 AM

Hi Debs and RCraig,

Thanks for your info-always handy to know of other good ps's.
I've been researching butt augmentation for quite along time now, mostly on the makemeheal forum and Fuentes appears to have consistently good results. I've read lots of feedback from his previous patients and seen lots of photos of his work from his patients so i'm satisfied he's the man. I would go with him even if he charged more, but the fact that Mexico prices are much much cheaper than the UK or US has clinched it for me!

I really wish i'd heard about him sooner! Ooh! before i forget, are either of you based in the UK? The reason i'm asking is because i'm not sure of whether to fly straight to Mexico from London or to fly to San Diego and cross the border. I'm planning on going in next couple of months if anyone's interested!

Thanks for the welcome, guys.
Old April 18th, 2007, 04:22 AM

Lipo

Hi there, Digger & Guys I too like many of you have been researching a great deal about SmartLipo, esp what is available in the UK, as that is where I am from. Now that I have discovered that is available inmost parts of the world that excites me as the cost in the UK is HIGH! Anyway Digger what plans have you or are you making for your pending trip, and how long have you been looking into this? Can you reccommend any sites for the Versalles Clinic?
Cheers
Old April 18th, 2007, 02:59 PM

Hi Parv,

I can't tell you anything about the Versalles Clinic as i've never been there, I'm going with Fuentes in Tijuana.

I'm in UK as well so i know what you mean about the prices-soooo expensive. And yes most other places abroad are much much cheaper!
I plan to go to Tijuana to take butt implants out then i have to wait 6 months to heal then i'll return for fat grafting to butt. Can't wait!
Been researching for a good year or so now.
Old April 19th, 2007, 03:37 AM

Smile

Hi Digger,
Thanks for your response. As i said earlier I have been looking into this SmartLipo, esp in the UK & have found prices varying from £2200 for the 1st area then £1500 for the 2nd. The most affordable place I have found is in Manchester, where they charge £1800 for the 1st and £1200 there after, Which isn't too bad, when you consider that by the time you have added your flight costs & accomodation & food whilst staying in Tijuana, may come to the same amount. I have yet to get quotes for what I would like from the Clinic & as of yet I have not been able to find any thing on them on the internet. Do you know of any websites for them and have you spoken to any one from the clinic & been given any cost indications please?